Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The Starting Point of Shape Up

The lady said, "Let me take a picture of you. You all look like you're having so much fun! You're so picturesque."

I happily handed her my phone and smiled for the camera. I had no clue what I was going to see when she handed back my phone. UGH! Who is that in the white shirt with all of my family? It was me!! I was disgusted. I wanted to immediately delete the picture, but I couldn't. I knew that one day it would be evidence of how far I've come. This picture was taken just a few weeks after we moved across the country. Deklan was about 2 months old and I was still recovering from a cesarian birth and congestive heart failure. It was a daily struggle to find joy in life. So much change and transition. On top of that, I felt terrible. I couldn't move around very well. I was out of breath all of the time. I felt like I woke up and went to bed sweating. I was miserable. At that point, that's how I thought life was going to be. A new baby, a new town, new climate and a ever growing list of health problems.

After this picture was taken, I attempted to start eating healthier...most days. When a bad day hit (which seemed like every other day there for a while), eating healthy went out the window. Food was my companion and my comforter. In my head, I knew that I was supposed to rely on Jesus during those moments, but that head knowledge wasn't any more than that. Instead of applying what I knew, I ignored it, which lead to guilt. I was in a vicious cycle. During that time, I heard a quote: The pain of change must outweigh the pain of staying the same. I was in so much pain emotionally, physically and spiritually, I couldn't imagine that the pain of change could be any worse.

I had a friend who had recently lost quite a bit of weight with Shape Up Church, so I started asking around to get an idea of what the program entailed. With the tagline, "Are you physically ready for God's call?", I was more than intrigued. The answer for me was NO in every way possible. A few months after the picture above was taken, I decided to jump in head first, literally. The Shape Up program challenges you to first engage your brain. You must change your thought life. The next step is to engage the tongue. It has you do these 2 steps before even getting to the eating plan. This was so different than anything I'd ever experienced. I started learning and applying all of the the things that God says about me, which completely contradict all of the things that I was saying about myself. It became more clear that by remaining in a unhealthy cycle of depression and eating that I was disobeying the call God has on my life. I WAS IN DISOBEDIENCE! (This was my own revelation and not anything anyone had forced on me.) I decided to take my new knowledge and apply it. I am still in the midst of getting #fitforthecall, but as my health improves, I am more and more ready and able to do what God has called me to do.

I shared this picture on Facebook a few days ago and along with it this testimony:
A few months ago I decided to get serious about my health. I was challenged by Dr. Jeff Rebarcak and his question, "are you physically prepared to do what God has called you to do?" The answer was simple, No. I felt exhausted, easily winded. Getting up and down from the floor was a challenge. I am a young mom, and the call I have right now is to be available to my children. With a little boy, crawling around and getting into everything, I didn't want to be worried about getting out of breath chasing him around. I was crashing around 3 PM everyday, right when Karrington was getting out of school. She was getting the worst part of me, the most tired, the most grouchy. I felt guilty all the time for not having the energy I wanted to have for my babies. It was time for a change. I started the Shape Up Church program and almost immediately started to feel better. The program challenged me to deal with my thought life, before I tackled my eating. After doing countless weight loss programs, this was the one that deal that with the mind and spirit first and that has made all of the difference. I decided to look back at where I started and am encouraged more than ever to keep going. I am still in process and have lots more to lose, but I am excited and feel sooooo much better.  If you are interested in the program or the product they offer(their protein is the best I've ever had!!) then let me know.
This is 40 pounds down.
If you're interested in Shape Up Church, you can get more information here. Since I've decided to share my story there has been some interest in the program. For that reason, Shape Up Church is offering my friends and family $100 off of the Shape Up Church University Membership, which will get you all of the tools, as well as the rapid weight loss program with the code BOSS. This code is good through the end of the day (May 31, 2016), they are offering 

No comments:

Post a Comment