Thursday, January 29, 2015

Possibilities Turned Reality

This morning, as I sat in the office of my OB, I opened my Timehop and saw this blog post from one year ago. I can't believe that it's been a year since I wrote about the Possibilities in 2014. We were excited to explore the possibilities of a new diagnosis and the potential of adding to our family.

Turns out, we are just a few weeks away from meeting our new addition. The due date is April 18th and we are expecting a boy.

Since the diagnosis:
In March 2014, we had a great visit with a high risk OB in our area. I went in with a note pad full of questions and he was patient with me and answered each one very factually. I appreciated his honesty and left the office with much to think about. The thing that stuck with me the most was this: "There is a 20% chance of recurrence, but 80% is pretty good odds." With how everything else had worked out, it was clear that God had ordered the steps of the 2nd opinion and then this conversation with the OB.

After several months of prayer and a terrible experience coming off of birth control, we decided that adding to our family was something that we really wanted to do. In August 2014, we had a positive pregnancy test and then a few weeks later had an ultrasound verifying the pregnancy. Things have been pretty seamless, minus the morning sickness during the first trimester. In fact, this pregnancy has been relatively uneventful in comparison to my pregnancy with Karrington. The closest similarity is that at week 18 with Karrington, I broke my right foot and at week 18 with this pregnancy I broke my pinky toe on my right foot. Crazy, right?

It is amazing what can happen when you wait on the Lord and allow Him to direct your path.


1 comment:

  1. Tasha! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Praying for an amazing, peaceful last few weeks and the same for his delivery.